Saturday, February 1, 2014

What happened to the website?

Basically, a radical redesign. I changed the template to a more exciting template. I got rid of a lot of excess extra pages that very few people seemed to look at. These were the special area photo pages, the Twitter page and the contact page. Clearly people prefer to read the blog entries rather than head over to other pages.

Once upon a time, I had another blog too about the perils of photography as a business. I had a good cleanout tonight and deleted the entire thing and redesigned my remaining two photography blogs. Now that I've got a very full time job, I just don't have enough spare time to blog. In fact I rarely have enough time now to sit in front of my computer. It can be days before I get the time.

Originally, this blog was more of a photography portfolio but became a general photography blog instead. Then as general photography blogging took over, I used an increasing number of cell-phone photos. That pretty much made the portfolio pages somewhat redundant. It was a bit of an oxymoron having cell phone and professional images mixing in anything other than a straight blog. So, I have streamlined down to a pure blog for both of my remaining blogs.

I think this revision to my blogs is beneficial. The deleted blog had a somewhat negative tone although it was trying to help people that dreamed of being photographers to face the reality that photography is just a hobby and never will make money. Streamlining my remaining blogs gives them as much strength as spinach gave Popeye.
Yes - that was a tacky way of inserting a photo into my blog. People seem to prefer to read only articles that have photos.

Am I streamlining solely because of my new job? Not really. It was time. The blogs had been mired in the past and I'm moving forward with the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment